Please stay weather aware as the cold front moves through the area today.
- The Storm Prediction Center has placed a Slight Risk for severe thunderstorms across much of North and Central GA Today and a Marginal Riskfor the remainder of the area
- Best timing would be from around Noon to 10PM
- Flash Flood Watch in Effect through 8PM Tonight.
- The heaviest rainfall should occur across north Georgia this morning through mid-afternoon
- Damaging wind gusts
- Large Hail < 1.5" in diameter
- A brief tornado
- Heavy Rainfall of 1" to 2.5" with locally higher amounts possible
- Flash Flooding
A strong cold front is expected to move through Georgia today and tonight. Precipitation is expected to increase ahead of the front this morning and continue through tonight. The axis of heavier rain could remain nearly stationary across north GA this morning and then begin to push southward this afternoon with the cold front. Thunderstorms will have the potential to become severe mainly between Noon and 10pm along and ahead of the cold front.