Carroll County, GA


Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?

Birth (and death certificates) can be obtained at the Carroll County Health Department - 1004 Newnan Rd. Carrollton, GA 30116 Ph: 770.836.4740 or online

by clicking here.

What is there to do?

Carroll County has a number of sights and activities for people of all ages.

Click here to find out more!

Is my property in the city or county?

Each city is incorporated and sets their own rules and regulations. To find out if you are in a city or in the unincorporated Carroll County, start by looking up your property on Carroll Tax. If there is a letter in front of your parcel number, then you are in a municipality. No letter, you are in the county. You can also call the Map Room at 770-830-5820.

Click here for the Tax Assessor's Website

Which Clerk do I need?

Carroll County has a County Clerk that records the meetings of the Board of Commissioners, as well as a Clerk of Court that records deeds, takes in passport applications and selects the jury pools for State and Superior Courts.

Can I get a burn permit?

There is no outdoor burning from May 1 to November 1. During burn season, you can get a burn permit, by visiting

Georgia Forestry Commission.