- Be 21 years of age
- Be a resident of Carroll County to apply for and receive the license here
- Provide your picture ID that shows that you are a current Carroll County resident
- Be fingerprinted and submit to a criminal and mental health records check, which is done in the Probate Court office at the time of your application.
- Not have any legal disqualification(s)
- If you are not a United States Citizen, then you must bring in your "Non-Resident Documentation."
Applications for Weapons Carry License must be completed online at www.georgiaprobaterecords.com Upon Completion of application you may schedule an appointment by clicking here. Licenses will be issued at Probate Court between 8:00 a.m. and 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Upon receipt of the required criminal and mental health records, those records are reviewed for the applicant’s eligibility to receive a license. Any questions concerning eligibility are referred to the Judge for determination. If the applicant is determined to be eligible to receive a license, then the license is issued.
Please note that the Carroll County Probate Court has no control over the length of time for the return of the criminal and mental health records from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI). On all applications, this process may take as much as 4 weeks. The court cannot be required to issue a license until the necessary reports have been received.
Upon issuance of the license, the applicant will be mailed the license by the Probate Court.